Canvas Draw 4.0.2 for Mac Release Notes
- PDF paste format is now supported in Canvas Draw. However, may have to select Paste Special to specify the format for pasting.
- Thumbnail preview of CNV files is now supported in Finder.
- Open when Digital Camera is plugged in checkbox added to Camera & Scanner dialog in order to prevent auto-launch when iPhone plugged in.
- Improved performance of Space Bar + drag for panning at zooming factors of over 3200%.
- Improved performance of Change All function in the Find palette for multi-page documents.
- The option to import a PDF without adding white rectangle or polygon background.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed bug in which Auto Dimensioning – Area does not display area value with any unit when tool’s default unit is set to “document”, and Display Units is enabled.
- Fixed bug in which Camera & Scanners dialog box will automatically launch along with application when dragging supported file to Canvas Draw application icon in Dock.
- Fixed bug so that Recent Files list will not allow user to select a file while New Document dialog is open.
- Fixed bug in which some texts were mixed up when importing a CGM file.
- Fixed bug in which SpriteEffects – Dynamic Shadow does not update when object is converted to paths.
- Fixed crash that occurred when clicking New Layer button in Document Layout palette after pressing command + V to paste.
- Fixed bug in which page names are blank in Document Layout palette when opening any template.
- Fixed bug in which Area and Perimeter dimensionings were reversely applied from Object | Auto Dimensioning.
- Fixed bug so that unsupported image filters and adjustments get disabled based on a selected image, like 8-bit/channel, 16-bit/channel, or 32-bit/channel.
- Fixed bug in which Find Palette cannot find a character when the Whole Word checkbox is selected.
- Fixed bug in which a palette won’t pop up from Docking Bar using Wacom pen.
- Fixed bug in which entered text attributes in Find palette will be cleared by collapsing or expanding palette.
- Fixed crash that occurred when opening some CVX files.
- Fixed crash that occurred when opening some CVD files.
- Fixed crash that occurred when closing a document after maximizing Canvas Draw by clicking application icon in Dock.
- Fixed crash that occurred when dragging a created ink in Attributes palette to Preset palette in order to add ink to it.
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF, WBMP
- When clicking the Font menu (Text | Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Slide show transitions set in Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- The Type palette does not have the Style tab.
- Drop Caps feature is not available in the Indent tab of the Type palette.
- When navigating from one page to another, if you want to keep the zooming state on each page, deselect the Fit to Window checkbox in the Functionality Options of the Preference dialog box.
- Copy & Paste in RTF will not work from places like the Chrome web browser, which does not copy texts in RTF to the clipboard.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths even if you select Embed subset for the Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Character and paragraph styles in the Type palette are not supported.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Hiding the Toolbar in Full Screen mode is not supported.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums