Canvas X Draw Build 184.108.40.206 Release Notes
- New View (Layout | Views | New View) will ignore the current page and layer position by de-selecting the Remember Current Page and Layer checkbox when it is saved.
- Fixed bug in which elliptical gradient inks of flipped objects would be printed improperly.
- Fixed bug in which a label text could not be edited in the Properties bar of Annotation tools in advance.
- Fixed bug in which DWG/DXF files exported could not be opened correctly in AutoCAD.
- Fixed bug in which the Combine button in the Properties did not update to the last-used command name properly.
- Fixed bug in which cell margins of locked table objects could be changed.
- Fixed bug in which recently-used solid colors did not show up in the color pop-up menu of Gradients Manager in the Attributes palette.
- Fixed bug in which a font name would get drawn twice in View Fonts palette under Mojave.
- Fixed bug in which the recently-used ink set would not refresh in the pop-up color palette from the Toolbox under Mojave.
- Fixed security vulnerability related to some image import.
- Fixed a crash triggered by opening a very large CVD file over 2 GB.
- Fixed a crash triggered by moving the mouse pointer around in the document while the Font Size drop-down list is displayed in the Properties bar.
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, SVGZ, TIF, WBMP
- The keyboard shortcut for Path | Smooth is changed to option + command + A.
- When clicking the Font menu (Text | Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- Character and paragraph styles saved in the Type palette of old Canvas for Mac or Windows versions are not compatible with Canvas Draw 5 for Mac, and vice versa.
- Slide show transitions set in the Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths, even if you select Embed subset for Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Internet access is required to view the online Help. Offline Help is not available. Help files in PDF can be downloaded from the support page.
- Mojave’s dark mode is not fully supported.
- The Dynamic Shadow is removed from SpriteEffects.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Drop Caps feature is not supported.
- Trim to Path is not supported with images of multichannel or 16-bit/channel or 32-bit/channel.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Online Help and User Guide
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums