Canvas Draw 6 for macOS Release Notes
- Visual Combine tool, which allows you to visually and intuitively combine the common areas of overlapping vector objects to create complex shapes.
- Vector Brush tool, which allows you to draw vector curve paths with strokes with tapered ends.
- Mirror tool, which will make a reverse copy of selected objects in 2 clicks. The mirror axis can be drawn or snapped to other objects and rotated freely.
- Annotation Notes, which now supports auto-numbering and auto-alphabetizing. EasyShapes like circles, squares, rounded squares, or diamond shapes can be used for annotations.
- Ink/Stroke Selection tool, which allows you to select an object with specific attributes and every object sharing those attributes will also be selected.
- Page Navigator palette, which displays thumbnail previews of the pages in your document. Using the Page Navigator palette, you can quickly find and go to a particular page.
- Object Path Editor palette (Path | Object Path Editor), allows you to view and edit the X/Y coordinates of each individual point of a basic vector object, polygon, or Bézier curve.
- Replicate and Position (Edit | Replicate and Position), which replicates objects and then strategically positions them according to specified X/Y coordinates.
- Fractalize (Effects | Fractalize), which makes outlines of vector objects irregularly jagged.
- Colorize (Effects | Colorize), which allows you to tint vector objects with a solid color fill or pen inks when you want to mix two colors, or shade one color with another.
- Dark mode support with updated icons in the Toolbox, Toolbar, and other areas.
- Color Dropper tool is added to the Gradients Manager of the Attributes palette in order to set a pixel color for gradient nodes.
- More symbols can be downloaded by accessing a web page from the Symbol Library palette.
- You can edit an object name by double-clicking an object item in Document Layout Palette.
- Calligraphic Pens now support tapered ends.
- Outline Path Stroke now support tapered strokes.
- “Keep Last Used Attributes” checkbox is available in the Presets pop-up palettes from the Toolbox so that you can set the last used attributes as the default attributes.
- Font and Font Size set before typing any text will be used as the default attributes.
- The Smart Snaps has 2 new options: Visible Object Only and Include Objects in Groups
- When you press an arrow key multiple times to move objects, Undo or Redo will move the objects to the original position immediately.
- JPEG Export Options dialog box has the expandable preview window by selecting the Preview checkbox.
- You can connect Smart Lines to the edge of any object type.
- Linear and Object Side Dimension tool now snap to the basic vector object being measured so that when you resize the object, the Dimensioning objects will also be adjusted accordingly.
- Image interpolation for rotated images is improved.
- When you show the Guides layer for the 1st time, 4 guidelines will be created at the top, bottom, and left and right sides of the current document.
- Edit mode icons are added at the left side of the Properties bar for exiting Edit modes easily.
- When multiple objects are selected as the target of Paste Within Selection (Paste in front of Selection or Paste in back of Selection), copied object will be placed at the center of each selected object.
- The Select Same Shape button is added to the Properties bar for EasyShape objects.
- The default ink, stroke, and arrow presets are updated.
- Fixed bug in which RGB or CMYK inks edited in the Attributes palette did not have the same ink names when they are applied to other objects.
- Fixed bug in which a stroke, dash, or arrow could not be applied to vector objects by dragging it from the Presets list in the Attributes palette.
- Fixed bug in which files saved as DXF or DWG could not be opened with AutoCAD® properly.
- Fixed bug in which anti-alias was not applied to render objects with a clipping path when the clipping path was a group.
- Fixed bug in which ink names of gradients, textures, symbols, and patterns would be lost when vector objects were copied and pasted.
- Fixed bug in which descriptions of group objects were blank in the Document Layout palette.
- Fixed bug in which the Envelope Edit mode was displayed as “Curve Edit Mode” in the Status bar.
- Fixed bug in which the number format of documents was not respected in Angle edit boxes in the Properties bar of the Curve tool.
- Fixed bug in which object names were not saved in CVD files.
- Fixed bug in which stroke weight values in the Status bar did not respect the document number format.
- Fixed bug in which selecting a recent color for the background color was ignored for Hatch and Symbol inks.
- Fixed bug in which some hyperlinks did not work in web browsers when documents were saved as HTML.
- Fixed bug in which text objects that were behind a hidden image object could not be put in Edit mode by double-clicking.
- Fixed bug in which punctuation was erroneously removed after spelling errors were corrected.
- Fixed bug in which colors were not able to be applied to selected objects specifying Web values in the RGB Bar manager of the Attributes palette.
- Fixed bug in which areas and perimeters of circles changed when circles were rotated.
- Fixed bug in which Path | Convert to Simple Path did not accurately create visual results for Parallel and Symbol strokes.
- Fixed several bugs related to table object operations.
- Fixed crash triggered by deleting some objects and re-saving some documents.
- Fixed crash triggered by exiting the application while the Polygon Lasso tool was being used in Image Edit mode.
- Fixed crash triggered by minimizing the application window to the vertical minimum and double-clicking at the Docking bar.
- Fixed bug in which DXF/DWG import did not create objects properly when selecting a unit other than inches.
- and more…
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, SVGZ, TIF, WBMP
- When clicking the Font menu (Text |Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- Character and paragraph styles saved in the Type palette of old Canvas for Mac or Windows versions are not compatible with Canvas Draw 6 for macOS, and vice versa.
- Slide show transitions set in the Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths, even if you select Embed subset for Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Drop Caps feature is not supported.
- Trim to Path is not supported with images of multichannel or 16-bit/channel or 32-bit/channel.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Online Help and User Guides
- Forums and Support