Canvas Draw 3.0.1 Release Notes
Fixes and Improvements
- When opening certain CVX files, Preview Display Mode will no longer switch to Grayscale erroneously.
- UPPERCASE, lowercase, and Title font styles are available under Text | Style menu.
- Option + click on the Page popup menu next to the Layer controls will open the Go To page dialog box (Layer | Sheets/Pages | Go To).
- The pop-up menu from the Page Control can list a larger number of pages without scrolling.
- When loading a texture ink set that contains corrupted texture inks to the Presets palette, the application no longer crashes.
- Selecting “Paste Text Only” from the context menu in the Text edit mode will insert texts at the insertion point instead of creating another Text object.
- The Print dialog box has the page navigation buttons for multiple-page documents below the Preview window to improve the speed of loading a preview.
- In the Color Management dialog box, you can select any custom profiles by choosing “Browse” from the drop-down menus of the Working Spaces and Devices.
- The speed of quitting the application is improved.
- Text Invisibles like the tab characters or the paragraph marks can be found with the Find palette.
- The application won’t crash by pressing return key after selecting the Custom tab in the New Document screen.
- Newlines in copied texts in RTF are correctly reflected in pasted texts in the Canvas Draw document.
- Changes of font, font style, and other text attributes will be applicable to texts with ruby.
- The application no longer crashes when Japanese texts are typed as texts bound to path.
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP.
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF, WBMP.
- When applying another font to texts with UPPERCASE, lowercase, or Title style, the style will be lost.
- Document Scale/Drawing Scale can be set to an Illustration document only.
- Copy & Paste in RTF will not work from software like the Chrome web browser, which does not copy texts in RTF to the clipboard.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths even if you select “Embed subset” for the Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- When a new blank document is active and you open a supported file, that blank new document will be replaced by the opening file. When you want to keep a blank new document, create an object first, and then open a file.
- JPG files exported with the “Optimize Size” check box selected can be viewed with Safari or Preview on El Capitan (Mac OS X 10.11), not on Mac OS X 10.10 or earlier.
- When importing Canvas and Canvas X files, objects that are not supported by Canvas Draw will be represented as rectangles.
- AI import only supports AI files that are saved with “Create PDF Compatible File option” selected.
- Date format which is set for Mac OS X is not respected in the Time column of the Comments & Markup palette.
- “Mac App Store and identified developers” must be selected in Security & Privacy options of Mac OS X in order to detect a developer’s certificate for Canvas Draw.
- Internet access is required to view the online Help. Offline Help is not available. Help files in PDF can be downloaded from the support page.
- CNV, CVI, CVX, TPL are not supported for export.
- CVD files cannot be opened with other Canvas products due to Unicode text support.
- “Preserve Canvas editing capabilities”” is removed from the PDF Export Options dialog box.
- The warning of opening a PDF file in PDF Import Options dialog box is removed.
- “Make Permanent” check box is removed in Font Match dialog box. Fonts will be always substituted permanently; user should save it as another file name if s/he wants to keep the original document.
- Bound text objects do not support text flow from one text object to another.
- Pressing [option] + [command] keys to select the previously selected tool in the Toolbox is removed.
- EPSF Import Options dialog box is removed. Objects are simply placed in the document.
- Soft Hyphen is removed from the Insert Char drop-down menu in the Properties bar and from Edit | Insert.
- Text | Style | Bold, Italic, Small Caps are no longer supported. For Bold and Italic, however, when a font has Bold or Italic or both styles, you can still apply by selecting an appropriate font style.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums