Canvas X 16.1 Build 2230 Release Notes
Improvements and Fixed Issues
- New import filters are added: CDR, PPTX, and DOCX.
- Canvas X can open CVX files created with Canvas Draw 1 and 2 for Mac.
- Export | JPG correctly exports CMYK images.
- Image | Adjust | Level – each time the Levels dialog box opens, the values of the Input Levels reset to (0, 1, 255).
- File | Browse with ACDSee – now supports ACDSee 19, ACDSee Pro 9, and ACDSee Ultimate 9.
- Canvas X no longer crashes by choosing Image | Export | Web Images – GIF/JPG with a rotated image selected.
- The Toolbox no longer shifts each time you launch the application.
- Ctrl + selecting a stroke from the Toolbox will apply to the frame stroke of selected text objects with text box frame.
- Auto Define Document Coordinate System checkbox is no longer missing for S-57 import. (GIS version only)
- When you want to dock the Preset palette to the Docking bar, you must drag the palette to it manually.
- When DXF/DWG files that are created with rotated X- and Y- axes originally, Canvas X rotates the contents accordingly upon import.
- Initial view of 3D DXF/DWG file in 3D View Editor dialog box is “from top” in general.
- Personality Manager is removed from the Configuration Center.
- 32-bit versions of Canvas X 16 are not available at this time.
- Windows XP and Windows Vista operating systems
- Import formats: CDT, CH3, CMX, CVS, DOC, DRW, FMV, FPX, GEM, HPGL, HTML, ICH, IFF, IGES, MET, PBM, PGM, PIC, PIX, PPM, PPT, RAS, RND, RSB, SGI, SRS, SY3, VSD, WMF, WPD, WPG, XBM, XLC, XLS, XLSX, and XPM
- Export formats: AI, DRW, HPGL, IFF, IGES, RSB, SGI, SWF, and WPG
- Color Separation features – Print Preview
- Hyphenation features in the Type palette
- TWAIN Import such as scanners
- 3rd party Adobe Photoshop plug-ins (32-bit and 64-bit)
- ICO export does not support transparency.
For information about Canvas X 16 and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resource page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- User Guide
- Knowledge Base
Canvas X Supported Formats
Need more information? Type in the keyword or topic to search the knowledge base and find exactly what you’re looking for.