Canvas X 2018 and Canvas X GIS 2018 Release Notes
- Improved performance of loading the tools for starting the application.
- Improved to be able to find composite objects by selecting the composite object icon from the Type pop-up list in the Find palette.
- Improved the Smart Snaps so that it will work for line objects while moving a line or another object.
- Improved to make the Smart Snaps respect the state of the Select Across Layers. When the Select Across Layers is not selected, the Smart Snaps only checks objects in the current layer now.
- Fixed bug in which the Find feature does not find specified words next to punctuations like comma or period.
- Fixed bug in which the Find feature does not find specified words next to quotation marks when the Use smart quotes is enabled.
- Fixed bug in which the Find feature does not find objects based on a certain object whose attributes are loaded by clicking the Grab Attributes button in the Find palette.
- Fixed bug so that the vertical ruler image created by Alt + drag from the vertical ruler starts at the value of “0”.
- Fixed bug in which hidden objects with a SpriteEffect will be rendered erroneously when saving a document that contains such objects as an image format.
- Fixed bug in which some parts of certain PDF files will not be imported to Canvas X.
- When selecting Layout | Sheets/Pages/Slides/Frames | Duplicate, only the current page will be duplicated after it. When selecting the Duplicate command from the Document Layout palette menu, you can duplicate multiple pages. Duplicated pages will be placed after the last page, among the pages that you selected for duplication.
- Even if the Docking pane was collapsed when exiting the application, the focused palette in the Docking pane will be open after restarting the application, except Canvas Assistant.
- The application will open with the Docking pane closed if the Canvas Assistant was open when the user last exited the application.
- The Dynamic Shadow SpriteEffect is replaced by Dynamic Effects – Shadow. To edit the shadow, please reapply Dynamic Effects – Shadow.
- In order to enable the pressure-sensitivity of Canvas X on Surface Pro 4, please download the latest WinTab drivers, install them, and restart the OS before launching the application.
- It is recommended to restart the operating system after the installation so that necessary redistributable packages are completely installed on the system.
- The Dynamic Shadow SpriteEffect is removed.
- A multi-page document with different orientations will not print as such. Please print pages of different orientations or dimensions separately.
For information about Canvas X 2018, and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- User Guide
- Knowledge Base
Canvas X Supported Formats
Need more information? Type in the keyword or topic to search the knowledge base and find exactly what you’re looking for.