Release Notes for Canvas X CADComposer
Canvas X CADComposer is the preferred application for technical illustrators in many industries because it offers the most flexible, scalable and integrated design environment. Canvas X CADComposer has a full range of precise vector object illustration tools and advanced raster image editing tools that you need — all in one single, workflow-accelerating application. In addition, Canvas X CADComposer can support importing various 3D format files to place them in your Canvas document. Files created with Canvas X CADComposer will be stored in the new file format (*.CVXCAD), so you can share the document with your colleagues and edit 3D objects whenever needed.
Canvas X CADComposer provides a complete solution for small business, school, and corporate users:
- An array of tools for illustration, layout, editing, proofing, and final output, so you can take projects from start to finish in Canvas X CADComposer.
- A dynamic and flexible interface, including a Toolbar you can configure with commands, tools, and styles as well as customizable keyboard shortcuts, a Docking pane and Docking bar to store palettes, and a Properties bar for tool settings and object manipulation.
- Help when you need it, in the form of a Dynamic Help window and the Canvas Assistant help for the tool you’re currently using, built right into the interface, as well as a fully searchable Help system available from the Help menu.
- Support of popular 3D format files, ability to change the colors, opacity, visibility at the part-level and to change overall appearance of the 3D Model applying another raster mode.
- Ability to move individual parts freely, to translate parts along an axis, to rotate parts, and explode parts in the 3D Model edit mode.
- Convenient tools to annotate on the 3D Model with sequential numbers, alphabets, part names, or custom texts, and creating a table based on the annotations or part name and quantity.
- When Windows operating system (Windows 7) has not been kept up-to-date, launching Canvas X CADComposer may incur an error message about missing .dll files or redistributables. In the event that you encounter such error message, please update your Windows operating system to the latest. Then try re-installing Canvas X CADComposer to resolve the issue.
- It is recommended to restart the operating system after the installation so that necessary redistributable packages are completely installed on the system.
- In order to enable the pressure-sensitivity of Canvas X CADComposer on Surface Pro, please download the latest WinTab drivers, install them, and restart the OS before launching the application.
- A multi-page document with different orientations will not print as such. Please print pages of different orientations or dimensions separately.
For information about Canvas X CADComposer, and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online. Additional information and resources include:
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- User Guide
- Knowledge Base
Canvas X Supported Formats
Need more information? Type in the keyword or topic to search the knowledge base and find exactly what you’re looking for.