- QR Code tool allows you to easily create and place QR codes that can be read by smart phones.
- Measure Path tool allows you to draw a polygon path, measure the distance of the path, and calculate data, such as required time and/or required steps to travel the distance based on velocity parameters you have set.
- Replace Ink Attributes (Edit | Replace Ink Attributes) is added
- Screen rendering and overall operational performance are six times improved compared to Canvas Draw 6.
- Selection drop-list is added to the Properties bar of Table object so that you can select even or odd rows, even or odd columns easily.
- Sort Data button is added to the Properties bar of Table object so that Table objects data can be sorted: A to Z, Z to A, Smallest to Largest, or Largest to Smallest from the Properties bar.
- Copy as Text button is added to the Properties bar of Table object so that you can copy the data to a spreadsheet in columns and rows.
- Edit | Paste in Place (command+shift+V) is added so that you can place the contents in the clipboard at the original position on another page.
- The Equilateral check box and the Side Length are available in some of the EasyShape tool’s Properties bar to create triangles, diamonds, pentagons, hexagons, and octagons with all sides of the same length.
- When opening raster image files, the document unit will be set to pixels.
- Path | Convert to Polygon allows you to convert any vector or text objects to polygons.
- When multiple objects are selected, you can drag a corner of the selected objects to resize them proportionally at once.
- The Entire Page checkbox is added to the Properties bar of the Camera tool so that the area of rendering will automatically set to the current document bounds.
- The context menu can be displayed from the Document Layout palette so that the commands such as Copy, Cut, Paste, Paste within Selection and etc. can be applied there.
- Line presets can be created from the Properties bar of the Annotation tools. The created line presets can be saved as files and shared them with other users.
- A+ and A- icons are added to increase or decrease the font size in the Properties bar so that the font size can be changed by clicking them repeatedly.
- The Selection tool can detect objects with hyperlinks; now, command+click on such objects to show the target links in the default Web browser.
- When multiple documents are open, you can switch the open documents by pressing command+0 to 9.
- The Trim View checkbox is added to the Properties bar shown when no objects are selected in the document, which will temporarily hide the outside of the document bounds.
- When an object is selected, the Align commands are now available in the Properties bar so that you can align it based on the document bounds.
- The icon is added in the Presets palette popped up from the Toolbox so that the Presets palette opens in the floating state by clicking it.
- The Dynamic Effects controls are available in the Properties bar when a group object, Bezier curve or Multigon is selected.
- Fixed bug in which images in indexed colors showed some artifacts when zooming out.
- Fixed bug in which closed Polygons had an extra symbol at the end point when applied with Symbol Pen strokes
- Fixed bug in which the last state of the Smart Snaps in the Properties bar, either on or off, was not remembered after the application was restarted.
- Fixed bug in which the search feature in the Document Layout palette only found the first matched item on the current page.
- Fixed bug in which Smooth Polygon objects were displayed as “Polygon” in the Status bar.
- Fixed bug in which hovering the column header icons in the Document Layout palette did not show the proper tooltips.
- Fixed bug in which multiple inks could not be deleted at once in the Presets palette.
- Fixed bug in which inks set during the edit mode were not registered for the Keep Last Used Attributes in the pop-up Presets palette.
- Fixed bug in which creating complex selection in large high resolution images with the Lasso tools or Marquee tools was slow.
- Fixed bug in which text cases such as Upper or Lower could not be stored as Type Styles in the Type palette.
- Fixed bug in which changing the font size in the Properties bar did not take effect without pressing return.
- Fixed bug in which more than one Table object could not be copied and pasted in the document.
- Fixed bug in which table objects would be created with arrowheads when the current default setting was set with arrowheads.
- Fixed bug in which cell margins of Table object could not be set to zero.
- Fixed bug in which a stroke weight or stroke color could not be applied to more than one table at once.
- Fixed bug in which EasyShapes did not look closed nicely when thick strokes were applied to them.
- Fixed bug in which Ink types did not switch properly in the Attributes palette after trying to create a new Texture ink.
- Fixed bug in which the Change and Change All buttons did not get enabled after assigning the font attributes in the Find palette.
- Fixed bug in which arrowheads of line connectors created by the Annotation – Flowchart tool were not displayed.
- Fixed bug in which Undo did not revert resizing an object with basic dimensioning objects at once.
- Fixed bug in which the Scale by Area/Perimeter could be applied to open path objects erroneously.
- Fixed bug in which hairline strokes are not exported to SVG format files properly.
- Fixed bug related to selecting texts in cells of the Table object while the Smart Mouse was on.
- Fixed bug related to selecting data or time stamp in the header or footer and replacing it with another.
- Fixed bug related to using the Smart Vector Fill tool on Lens objects.
- Fixed bug related to dragging the Magnifying Glass tool while the control key was pressed.
- Fixed bug related to setting up the document scale after the Replicate dialog box was opened.
- Fixed bug related to inverting selection of anchor points of vector objects.
- Fixed bug related to using the Smart Vector Fill tool to Lens objects.
- Fixed bug in which the Japanese character conversion list for vertical texts overlapped with the input area of the text object.
- Fixed bug in which the Japanese character conversion list for vertical texts was of the horizontal Japanese.
- Fixed bug in which the vertical scale could not be applied to Japanese texts properly either from the Properties bar or the Type palette
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, SVGZ, TIF, WBMP
- The Dark mode of macOS is not supported in this version.
- The Hyperlink Pointer tool is removed from the Toolbox.
- Replication with command+drag is now performed by clicking the object to be replicated first then command+drag.
- command+shift+V is reassigned from Edit | Paste Into to Edit | Paste in Place.
- When clicking the Font menu (Text |Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- Character and paragraph styles saved in the Type palette of old Canvas for Mac or Windows versions are not compatible with Canvas X Draw 7, and vice versa.
- Slide show transitions set in the Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths, even if you select Embed subset for Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Drop Caps feature is not supported.
For information about Canvas X Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Online Help and User Guides
- Forums and Support