- Visual Combine tool, which allows you to visually and intuitively combine the common areas of overlapping vector objects to create complex shapes.
- Vector Brush tool, which allows you to draw vector curve paths with strokes with tapered ends.
- Measure Path tool allows you to draw a polygon path, measure the distance of the path, and calculate data, such as required time and/or required steps to travel the distance based on velocity parameters you have set.
- QR Code tool allows you to easily create and place QR codes that can be read by smart phones.
- Ink/Stroke Selection tool, which allows you to select an object with specific attributes and every object sharing those attributes will also be selected.
- Object | Create Math Equation allows you to create editable math equation objects and place them in your documents. After creating it, you can edit the equations, resize the object, or change the color of the equations anytime.
- Layout | Grids and Guides | Create Isometric Guides allows you to draw objects in the Isometric Projection using Isometric Guides and vector drawing tools.
- Path | Convert to Polygon allows you to convert any vector or text objects to polygons.
- Table object’s data can be sorted: A to Z, Z to A, Smallest to Largest, or Largest to Smallest from the Properties bar.
- The Smart Snaps has 2 new options: Visible Object Only and Include Objects in Groups.
- You can connect Smart Lines to the edge of any simple vector objects.
- Linear and Object Side Dimension tool now snap to the basic vector object being measured so that when you resize the object, the Dimensioning objects will also be adjusted accordingly.
- The Equilateral check box and the Side Length are available in some of the EasyShape tool’s Properties bar to create triangles, diamonds, pentagons, hexagons, and octagons with all sides of the same length.
- Calligraphic Pens now support tapered ends.
- Outline Path Stroke now support tapered strokes.
- “Keep Last Used Attributes” checkbox is available in the Presets pop-up palettes from the Toolbox so that you can set the last used attributes as the default attributes.
- Font and Font Size set before typing any text will be used as the default attributes.
- When you press an arrow key multiple times to move objects, Undo or Redo will move the objects to the original position immediately.
- Image interpolation for rotated images is improved.
- When you show the Guides layer for the 1st time, 4 guidelines will be created at the top, bottom, and left and right sides of the current document.
- More “Edit mode” icons are added at the left side of the Properties bar for exiting Edit modes easily.
- Page Crop tool now has the Scale Type in the Properties bar: Crop To Page, Scale to Page, and Objects Only.
- Page Navigator palette has the new context menu commands: Page Properties, Delete, Insert, Duplicate, and Go To.
- “Save just the current page as an image (GIF or JPEG format) radio button is added to the Save To Web dialog box (File | Save to Web).
- The SVG/SVGZ Export Options have the Use Selection Bounds checkbox so that you can export objects in the dimensions of the selection instead of the document size.
- Effect | Combine can be directly used with EasyShapes now.
- Font sizes in a Table object will be proportionally scaled by Shift+Alt+drag, which allows to apply Text | Normalize Font Size.
- The active Guides layer is indicated with “*” in case that there are more than one Guides layers added in a page.
- The arrow icon to go next or previous of the Properties bar is now highlighted in blue for better discoverability.
- The maximum number of selected vector objects for the Combine in the Properties bar is increased up to 20.
- Image | Auto Trace and Save as PNG with the mask option are now supported for scripting.
- Fixed bug in which Path | Outline Path Stroke did not respect “outside pen” or “inside pen stroke”.
- Fixed bug in which a new value of Linear dimensioning object got obscured by the old value while editing it.
- Fixed bug in which transformed vector object behaved incorrectly while changing its height or width and X or Y position in the Properties bar.
- Fixed bug in which some objects were not scaled properly when they were exported as DWG.
- Fixed bug in which deleting a sheet/page/frame/slide by Layout | Sheet/Page/Frame/Slide | Delete did not properly refresh preview thumbnails in the Page Navigator palette.
- Fixed bug in which placing an image (File | Place) could not be undone by Edit | Undo.
- Fixed bug in which the Envelope edit mode showed the selection handles erroneously and was indicated as “Curve edit mode” in the status bar.
- Fixed bug in which the Centerline of Symbol Strokes was drawn over the symbols.
- Fixed bug in which RGB or CMYK inks edited in the Attributes palette did not have the same ink names when they are applied to other objects.
- Fixed bug in which the number format of documents was not respected in Angle edit boxes in the Properties bar of the Curve tool.
- Fixed bug in which stroke weight values in the Status bar did not respect the document number format.
- Fixed bug in which selecting a recent color for the background color was ignored for Hatch and Symbol inks in the Attributes palette.
- Fixed bug in which areas and perimeters of circles changed when circles were rotated.
- Fixed bug in which Path | Convert to Simple Path did not accurately create visual results for Calligraphic, Parallel and Symbol strokes.
- Fixed crash triggered by duplicating the Master Page.
- Fixed crash triggered by applying Path | Outline Path Stroke to objects with “hairline” stroke.
- Hyphenation is turned off by default. Please select the Hyphenation on check box in the Hyphens tab of the Type palette (Text | Type).
- When Windows operating system (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1) has not been kept up-to-date, launching Canvas X 2020 may incur an error message about missing .dll files. In the event that you encounter this error message, please refer to KB2999226 to install a proper package for your Windows operating system. Then try re-installing Canvas X 2020 to resolve the issue.
- In order to enable the pressure-sensitivity of Canvas X on Surface Pro, please download the latest WinTab drivers, install them, and restart the OS before launching the application.
- It is recommended to restart the operating system after the installation so that necessary redistributable packages are completely installed on the system.
- A multi-page document with different orientations will not print as such. Please print pages of different orientations or dimensions separately.
For information about Canvas X 2020, and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online. Additional information and resources include:
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- User Guide
- Knowledge Base