Canvas X 2019 Build 319 Release Notes
- Table tool, which allows for quick table generation, direct typing, and customizable cell borders, backgrounds, sizes, and look and feel.
- Mirror tool, which will make a reverse copy of selected objects in 2 clicks. The mirroring axis can be drawn or snapped to other objects and rotated freely.
- Annotation Notes, which now supports auto-numbering and auto-alphabetizing. EasyShapes like circles, squares, rounded squares, or diamond shapes can be used for annotations.
- SVG/SVGZ import is now supported.
- Color Dropper tool available from the Gradients Manager of Attributes palette to set a pixel color for gradient nodes.
- A custom location for Canvas X setting files can be set in the Configuration Center.
- A custom location for templates can be set in the Configuration Center.
- The default folder for templates can be accessed in the New Document dialog box.
- More templates added.
- Ink, stroke, and arrow presets updated.
- More symbols can be downloaded by accessing a web page from the Symbol Library palette.
- The 5 file formats selected most recently in the Save As dialog box are listed at the top of the Save as type drop-down list.
- When multiple objects are selected as the target of Paste Within Selection (Paste in front of Selection or Paste in back of Selection), copied object will be placed at the center of each selected object.
- Dynamic Effect – Soft Edge will be applied to a group as a whole, not to individual objects in a group.
- Fixed bug in which outside stroke will become inside stroke each time the object is flipped and vice versa.
- Fixed bug in which redrawing issue appears when applying Align functions to selected anchor point in path edit mode.
- Fixed bug in which the Correct TWo INitial Capitals in the Configuration Center was not working properly on Windows 10.
- Fixed bug in which the Single-Letter Shortcut stops working after selecting Hyperlink Pointer tool in the Toolbox.
- Fixed bug in which a corner radius of rounded rectangles set in the Properties bar was not properly applied when a rounded rectangle was drawn by dragging the mouse pointer.
- Fixed bug in which the setting of the character case was not saved as a character style in the Type palette.
- Fixed bug in which objects pasted with Paste & Replace Selection could not be selected with the Selection tool.
- Fixed bug in which text in locked text form field objects could be edited by pressing Tab key.
- Fixed bug in which smart lines created by Annotation – Flowchart tool did not show the default arrowheads until labels were moved.
- Fixed bug in which transitions of slide show were not applied to next slide.
- Fixed bug in which Smart Mouse indicator would not be displayed when the Ruler was hidden.
- Fixed bug in which typing texts in a blank annotation field without any shape caused text and its smart line to overlap.
- Fixed bug in which Line tool would not work with Snap | Center or Vanishing Point in the context menu.
- Fixed bug in which duplicated images would not export as SVG/SVGZ when the Embed images checkbox was selected.
- Fixed bug in which objects could be sent to locked layers.
- Fixed several bugs related to Dynamic Effects.
- Fixed bug in which comments in CVD file were not imported.
- Fixed bug in which file properties in CVD file were not imported.
- Fixed crash triggered by the Create button for a custom arrow in the Attributes palette.
- Fixed crash triggered by the No Anti-Alias checkbox in the Spherize dialog box.
- The application will open with the Docking Pane closed if the Canvas Assistant was open when the user last exited the application.
- When Windows operating system (Windows 7, 8, or 8.1) has not been kept up-to-date, launching Canvas X 2019 may incur an error message about missing .dll files. In the event that you encounter this error message, please refer to KB2999226 to install a proper package for your Windows operating system. Then try re-installing Canvas X 2019 to resolve the issue.
- In order to enable the pressure-sensitivity of Canvas X on Surface Pro 4, please download the latest WinTab drivers, install them, and restart the OS before launching the application.
- It is recommended to restart the operating system after the installation so that necessary redistributable packages are completely installed on the system.
- A multi-page document with different orientations will not print as such. Please print pages of different orientations or dimensions separately.
For information about Canvas X 2019, and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online. Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Supported file formats
- Supported camera RAW formats
- User Guide
- Knowledge Base