Canvas X Draw 4.0.1 Release Notes
- Floating palettes can be collapsed or expanded.
- Recently-used inks listed in the Presets palette can be cleared on demand by clicking the Clear button below the list.
- Toolbar can be hidden in non-Full Screen mode by selecting Window | Hide Toolbar.
Fixes and Improvements
- Fixed bug in which closed Bézier curves created in a certain way would display negative area values or “n/a”.
- Fixed bug in order to ensure areas of open Bézier curves and polygons will not be displayed.
- Fixed bug in which Canvas Draw would stop responding after undoing a SpriteLayer effect on an object.
- Fixed bug in order to ensure the Paste command (via command + V) will not be applied on locked layers.
- Fixed bugs with Paste In Front of Selection and Paste In Back of Selection commands.
- Fixed bug in which the recently-used ink list in the Preset Palette did not update correctly when the palette was popped from the Toolbox.
- Fixed bug in which values are always rounded up with non-English language regional settings, e.g. French Canadian.
- Fixed crash when closing Cameras & Scanners dialog box after having selected an image (El Capitan).
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, TIF, WBMP
- When clicking the Font menu (Text | Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Slide show transitions set in Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- The Type palette does not have the Style tab.
- Drop Caps feature is not available in the Indent tab of the Type palette.
- When navigating from one page to another, if you want to keep the zooming state on each page, deselect the Fit to Window checkbox in the Functionality Options of the Preference dialog box.
- Copy & Paste in RTF will not work from places like the Chrome web browser, which does not copy texts in RTF to the clipboard.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths even if you select Embed subset for the Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Character and paragraph styles in the Type palette are not supported.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Hiding the Toolbar in Full Screen mode is not supported.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums