Canvas X Draw Build 220.127.116.11 Release Notes
- Table tool, which allows for quick table generation, direct typing, and customizable cell borders, backgrounds, sizes, and look and feel.
- Dynamic Effects, which will move and resize with the objects they are applied to, are added (Effect |Dynamic Effects): Shadows, Reflections, Glow, and Soft Edge.
- Smart Snaps, which are visual aids to align and size objects relative to each other or to their place on the page, are added (Layout | Smart Snaps).
- SVGZ export is now supported to create a single, compressed file for export.
- Touch Bar support for newer Macs — swipe, tap, and slide to control many commonly-used functions in Canvas Draw, including sliders, opacity, and rotation.
- Styles tab is added to the Type palette for creating character or paragraph styles and saving them for future use, as well as sharing them with other Canvas Draw users.
- Improved access to the Grids and Guides dialog box.
- Guide color can be changed from the Grids and Guide dialog box.
- SVG export now supports embedding of images.
- DWG export and DXF export support Save Selection in the Save As dialog box.
- Dynamic Effects checkbox is added to: The Properties bar of the Attribute Dropper tool, the Paste Attributes dialog box, and the Find palette.
- The corner radius of rounded rectangles will be proportionally scaled based on the resizing of the object.
- Find composite objects by selecting the Composite Object icon from the Type pop-up list in the Find palette.
- Small Caps is now available in Text |Style.
- Fixed bug in which the Find feature does not find specified words next to punctuation, like commas or periods.
- Fixed bug in which the Find feature does not find specified words next to quotation marks when Uses mart quotes is enabled.
- Fixed bug so that the vertical ruler image, which can be created by option+ drag, starts at the value of”0″.
- Fixed bug in which hidden objects with Sprite Effects were rendered erroneously when saving.
- Fixed bug in which a large blank screen appeared on High Sierra when exiting slide show.
- Fixed bug in which shift + control+ command+ 3 or 4 and then command+ V did not paste a screenshot.
- Fixed bug in which Line tool would not work with Snap | Center or Vanishing Point in the context menu.
- Fixed crash with documents containing hyperlinks saved as SVGs.
- Fixed crash triggered by the Create button for a custom arrow in the Attributes palette.
- Fixed crash triggered by the No Anti-Alias checkbox in the Spherize dialog box.
- and more…
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, SVGZ, TIF, WBMP
- The keyboard shortcut for Path | Smooth is changed to option+ command+ A.
- When clicking the Font menu (Text |Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1sttime of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- Character and paragraph styles saved in the Type palette of old Canvas for Mac or Windows versions are not compatible with Canvas Draw 5 for Mac, and vice versa.
- Slide show transitions set in the Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths, even if you select Embed subset for Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Drop Caps feature is not supported.
- Trim to Path is not supported with images of multichannel or 16-bit/channel or 32-bit/channel.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Online Help and User Guide
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums