Canvas X Draw Build 188.8.131.52 Release Notes
Duplicate Pages is added to Layout | Pages. It is also available in the palette menu of Document Layout palette.
- Fixed several bugs related to Dynamic Effects.
- Fixed bug in which Smartline does not extend from the center of Rectangle or Rounded Rectangle of Annotation Lens tool.
- Fixed bug in which Master page appears erroneously when fully expanding nested groups in Document Layout palette.
- Fixed bug in which the Add Preset button in Attributes palette does not function properly.
- Fixed bug in which the Gradient fill ink of oval in CVX file gets altered after the oval is converted to path.
- Fixed bug in which Dynamic Effects applied to objects will be lost after they are converted to paths.
- Fixed bug in which the Find function will include lens objects erroneously when searching for objects with SpriteEffects.
- Fixed bug in which Guide color set in Document Layout palette does not synchronize with the color of the Grids and Guides setting.
- Fixed bug in which objects can be sent to locked layers.
- Fixed bug in which Paste Text Only function works on locked layers.
- Fixed bug in which redrawing issue appears when applying Align functions to selected anchor point in path edit mode.
- Fixed bug in which editing a SpriteEffect on a transformed object in group with Direct Group Selection tool, an extra object appears in wrong place.
- Fixed bug in which area calculation of some transformed objects may be inaccurate.
- Fixed bug in which duplicated images will not export as SVG/SVGZ when the Embed images checkbox is selected.
- Fixed bug in which German words that contain “Umlaut”, such as ä, ö, ü, trigger line breaks to follow such characters.
- Fixed crash triggered by clicking on a palette docked to the Docking bar in some cases.
- Fixed crash triggered by dragging an object from Canvas Draw to Mail application.
Supported File Formats
- Import file formats: AI, BMP, CAL, CGM, CNV, CV5, CVDRAW, CVDTPL, CVI, CVS, CVX, DWG, DXF, EPS, GIF, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCD, PCX, PDF, PNG, PRN, PS, PSD, RTF, TGA, TIF, TPL, TXT, WBMP
- Export file formats: BMP, CAL, CGM, CVD, CVDTPL, DWG, DXF, GIF, HTM, ICO, IFF, JPG, PCX, PDF, PNG, PSD, SVG, SVGZ, TIF, WBMP
- The keyboard shortcut for Path | Smooth is changed to option + command + A.
- When clicking the Font menu (Text | Font) or the Font drop-down menu in the Properties bar for the 1st time of each session, you may see the spinning wheel because the font glyph previews are being generated.
- Plain, Bold, Italic style icons are not available in the Type palette.
- Character and paragraph styles saved in the Type palette of old Canvas for Mac or Windows versions are not compatible with Canvas Draw 5 for Mac, and vice versa.
- Slide show transitions set in the Windows versions of Canvas or Canvas X are not compatible. They will be listed as “Unknown”.
- PDF – Adobe® Acrobat® (Advanced) export will convert texts of Postscript Type 1, Dfonts, and some Japanese fonts to paths, even if you select Embed subset for Font embedding. However, it should not be an issue to view or print such PDF files.
- Internet access is required to view the online Help. Offline Help is not available. Help files in PDF can be downloaded from the support page.
- The Dynamic Shadow is removed from SpriteEffects.
- Auto-hyphenation is not supported.
- Drop Caps feature is not supported.
- Trim to Path is not supported with images of multichannel or 16-bit/channel or 32-bit/channel.
For information about Canvas Draw and to access additional resources, please visit the Product Support and Resources page online.
Additional information and resources include:
- Software updates
- Online Help and User Guide
- Community site, including peer-to-peer product forums