Visualize, animate, consume, interact
Unless manufacturers can align operations with the rate at which product design is evolving – by connecting the worker to the real data in real time – they are destined to limit both their performance, and the value of the data they have invested so heavily to produce.
Fast, easy content creation allows every worker to create instructional documentation that presents the highly customized slices of PLM data that individual workers need in order to complete their tasks.
Interactive models allow content consumers to pan, rotate, and explode the latest 3D models to ensure absolute clarity on the task.
Narrated animations can be created from complex models in minutes, providing precise guidance on critical tasks
Eliminating errors and delays
Over 90% of U.S. aerospace and defense manufacturers have seen product delays and errors caused by inaccurate or unclear work instructions.
66% say their products are affected by errors and delays because of outdated documentation – and over 60% want documentation to contain 3D visualizations that update automatically when products change.
Training and instructional content that leverages live CAD data to enable full 3D interactivity combined with animations, and rich 2D visuals directly addresses your workforce development and performance challenges.
Canvas Envision makes it easy to create and deliver digital instructions featuring 3D animations, audio and video guides, language selection, and fully interactive 3D models as well as rich 2D visuals – helping teams work faster and with fewer costly mistakes.
Interactive digital instructions are more effective
Academic studies have shown that manufacturing workers perform a new task more efficiently when using interactive and animated digital work instructions than with hard copy and text-based documents.
Studies show workers completing tasks 20% quicker and with 60% fewer errors when using interactive content.
- Learning from moving images frees the individual from having to imagine a movement depicted by text descriptions or images, allowing them to dedicate their cognitive capacity entirely to fulfilling the task.
- Animated instructions are able to show objects from all angles, and allow the individual to control the viewing, which increases success and motivation
- That learning is enhanced when information is presented in a combination of visual and verbal (audio) formats, so it can be processed in multiple ways simultaneously
Train and retain the best teams
The U.S. manufacturing industry faces a serious workforce shortage – and roughly one fifth of the new recruits available to plug these gaps are foreign born, rising towards 30 per cent for some regions.
So how best can manufacturers train new recruits who don’t have English as a first language to ensure maximum performance and productivity?
Almost three quarters of manufacturers believe text-heavy learning material create challenges because of workplace diversity, putting the emphasis firmly on the need for visual and interactive digital material.
Get started with Canvas Envision today
Canvas Envision is the simple and intuitive solution for creating and consuming visual, multimedia, and interactive content used to train and instruct manufacturing shop floor workers, product users and MRO teams.
It is available as a hosted service, can be installed in your private cloud, or on your on-premises hardware. It is designed to integrate with existing document management, PLM, MES, and other manufacturing software platforms.
Canvas Envision helps you overcome problems associated with and caused by sub-optimal instructional documentation. Here’s how:
- Rapidly improve existing documentation with rich 2D & 3D visual content
- Enable all content creators to work with 3D CAD with no prior specialized training
- Quickly build narrated video animations from 3D models
- Build interactive 3D content which can be embedded on websites and other platforms
- Create and deliver fully interactive digital work instruction experiences
Check out the Envision interactive experience below, which allows you to easily insert 3D models directly into digital instructional content.