network design — download
special objects — download
home and office — download
park and recreation — download
To download extra symbols from the Symbol Library palette
- Do one of the following to open the Symbol Library palette.
- Choose File | Symbol Library.
- Choose Window | Palettes | Symbol Library.
- Click the Symbol Library tab on the Docking Bar.
- Click the Download icon.
In your default web browser the download page will be displayed.
To use a downloaded symbol set in Canvas X Draw
- Click a category name of symbol set.
- A Zip file will be downloaded.
- Navigate to the “Downloads” folder in the Finder.
- Unzip the file to one of the following:
- the default folder like “/Users/user_account/Documents/Canvas X Draw/My Symbols“
- any folder of your choice
- Open the Symbol Library palette in the application.
- Click the palette menu and select Refresh.
- Click “My Symbols” and expand subcategories if necessary.
- Click a category name of the symbol set that you downloaded.
Downloaded symbols set will be displayed in the Thumbnail View window below.
To set up a custom folder to display downloaded symbol sets in the Symbol Library palette
- Open the Symbol Library palette.
- Click the palette menu icon in the Symbol Library palette.
- Select Symbol Library Options.
- Click Add Path.
- Navigate to a folder where you uncompressed the downloaded Zip file.
- Click OK.
- The folder path will be displayed in the Directory Paths of My Symbols list.
- Click OK to close the Symbol Library Options dialog box.
- Click My Symbols and expand subcategories if necessary.